We are officially back in action at SIX Epic Human Xperience, providing you support throughout your fitness journey! Along with physical fitness, we want to stress the importance of nutrition and how it helps you stay on track with your fitness goals.
In the past, our certified nutritionist Rachel has spoken about nutrition and mindful eating on our Facebook members’ page. Eating your meals with awareness is one way that you can stay on track and help you stay consistent. So, what is mindful eating?
Mindful eating is being aware of the food and drinks you put into your body. Instead of judging how food makes you feel, you’re consciously observing the “taste, satisfaction, and fullness” of meals, which allows you to focus your senses.
When you eat mindfully, you gain better control of what you eat and are less likely to fall into cycles of bad eating habits. You will feel better physically and mentally because you are aware of yourself. Below we list the benefits of eating mindfully and steps for how to get started.
The Benefits of Eating Mindfully
Eating mindfully places a heavy emphasis on focusing on what you eat, so you are more likely to avoid unhealthy eating behaviors and have a better understanding of where your food comes from. Here are several benefits of eating mindfully:
- Improve your relationship with food
- Reduce overeating and stress-eating
- Appreciate and feel satisfied with your meals
- Feel fuller without eating as much
- Connect with food from the farm to your plate
- Eat healthier and with balance
How to Start Eating Mindfully
1. Eat without distractions. Turn off the television, streaming service, or other distractions and be fully present for your mealtime. You may even consider eating in silence. Eliminating distractions helps you maintain focus.
2. Chew your food slowly. Take the time to savor every bite you take and chew slowly. You will increase the pleasure of your meal and satisfaction by allowing your brain to catch up with your stomach.
3. Focus on how you feel. Is your meal satisfying? Does one food make you feel better than another? Ask yourself these questions so you may understand what you like and what foods make it easier for you to feel satisfied and full.
4. Eat until you are satisfied. Savoring your meals allows you to feel fuller faster. Take cues from your body and stop eating once you feel full. You may not get it at first, and that’s okay. Over time you’ll find it easier to listen to your body.
Try eating mindfully at your next meal and see if it makes a difference! Even without a diet, eating mindfully may be worth considering at every meal to improve your relationship with food. You can add healthier foods into the rotation and see what works for you! Either way, we recommend trying it out to help you stay on track with your fitness goals!
SIX Epic Human Xperience, located at 8535 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine, CA, combines short intervals through 6-stations that will give you a full-body workout in 50 minutes! Our self-powered cardio equipment and strength training gear will address all your needs!
Join our members’ page to stay in touch with other members and trainers!
Have a question? Ask us on our Facebook page or call 949.431.6336.